The Centurion Aerospace Village (CAV) is a Non-profit Company (NPC), an Industrial Park initiative of the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) aimed at supporting the growth and development of Aerospace, Defence and Advanced Manufacturing Industries in South Africa.
The CAV is an intended Hi-Tech Advanced Manufacturing Cluster and Industrial Park Development with a shared services model and value proposition aimed at attracting and retaining foreign and domestic direct investment for both manufacturing tenants and service providers.
The aerospace and defence industries have always been important contributors to the National, Gauteng Provincial and local City of Tshwane economies. The CAV will provide land and facilities as well as services intended to support our tenant partners to achieve economies of scale through agglomeration of suppliers and services, improve processes, increase productivity and ultimately improve the cost competitiveness of our tenant partners.
- Stimulate economic development by the formation of an industrial park cluster that business will prefer to locate in;
- Offer a competitive advantage to our tenant partners to enhance their business case;
- Develop a sustainable supplier base and contribute to the growth of the Aerospace, Defence and Advanced Manufacturing Industry;
- Attract and retain key industry leaders as anchor tenants and service providers;
- Develop and mentor SMMEs & Black Industrialists to create opportunities for New Entrants to the Industry;
- Provide facilities and services to complement high levels of technical competency;
- Stimulate Hi-Tech innovation and Research & Development;
- Create economies of scale & agglomeration to develop and sustain clustering effects;
- Promote shared services’ efficiency;
- Create logistics efficiency through co – location;
- Allow knowledge generation and spill – over;
- Facilitate the creation of direct and indirect jobs;
- Promote local Industry integration into the Global Supply Chain;
- Improve export performance (by the Aerospace and Defence Industry);
- Facilitate foreign & domestic direct investment to Contribute to improved balance of payments; and
- Create optimised ‘time and place’ utility.